The registration period for the XII International AR&PA 13.0 Congress is now closed.
The registration period for the XII International AR&PA 13.0 Congress is now open, until Friday 4 November 2022.
Registration to the congress will be free of charge, as well as the submission and acceptance of papers, both for reading and for publication.
To register you only have to download the following form, fill it in and send it by email to your email address: email@example.com
Rethinking cultural heritage in a digital and crisis-ridden world
Consejería de Cultura, Turismo y Deporte de la Junta de Castilla y León Universidad de Valladolid.
Since the beginning of the 21st century, the world has been living in a state of permanent crisis: economic crises, health crises, climate crises, social crises, food crises, energy crises, migration crises and, finally, war crises. Russia’s invasion of Ukraine and the ensuing war between the two countries has brought this permanent crisis to a head, generating a global destabilisation whose effects are not yet fully understood. This situation entails continuous social changes, both in thought and action, and the world of open communication provides apparent certainties: today, unfortunately, a video on Tik Tok with a million “likes” seems more certain than a reflection on the transformation of human beings through digital communication by the Korean philosopher Byung-Chul Han, to cite a particularly mediatic figure.
This permanent situation/sensation of crisis forces us to ask ourselves a number of questions about everything that surrounds us. Questions that also necessarily affect Cultural Heritage, as a part of human activity.
It is not a question of giving a single answer during the congress, but of establishing a dialogue, from different positions, to find the most viable path towards these answers, through a serious and sensible use of new technologies.
Our aim is to respond to these questions with a dynamic congress, which maintains a high intellectual level, but which, at the same time, provides a new vision of the debate and dialogue that must be present in today’s society on the value of heritage.
For this reason, as opposed to the traditional system of papers and round tables, the Congress will be structured around five possible spaces for dialogue:
- Dialogue Space 1: The Conceptual Deterioration of Heritage
- Dialogue Space 2: Heritage in Times of Crisis
- Dialogue Space 3: Destruction and Protection of Heritage
- Dialogue Space 4: Real and Digital Heritage
- Dialogue Space 5: New Challenges in the Heritage
These Dialogue Spaces will include interventions by specialists with training and visions, debates, face-to-face communications or visual pills in the form of short video recordings with reflections by various specialists, including members of the scientific committee, which will be interspersed throughout the congress.
The Dialogue Spaces will be designed in such a way that all participants can attend all the spaces, putting an end to the system of simultaneous separate tables that detract from the homogeneity of the congress.
All this together with the active participation of the attending public, through traditional media and new technologies, through the use of Apps and RRSS.
The congress includes the presentation of papers that fall within the theme of the congress and the different Dialogue Spaces, seeking innovative, reflective and critical proposals that contribute questions to the issues raised at the congress.
In order to be accepted, a paper proposal will be sent, which is proposed as a document halfway between the abstract and the final paper, which will allow a better understanding of the content and speed up the evaluation process.
Proposals should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org and the format of the document must be in Word, including:
- Title and subtitle
- Abstract of 150 words
- 5 keywords
- Between 1500 and 2000 words of text
- 5 illustrations or photographs
- Languages accepted: Spanish, English, French, French, Italian and Portuguese.
Paper proposals will be evaluated by the International Scientific Committee by means of a peer review system, which ensures total critical independence and an international scientific level. Following the indications of the Scientific Committee, from the total number of accepted papers, some will be selected for presentation in the Congress Dialogue Spaces.
*All accepted papers will be published in a journal.
Receipt of proposals for communications: DEADLINE CLOSED
Acceptance of proposals for communications received: 14 October 2022
Once the proposals have been accepted, the papers that will be presented in person at the congress will be established. The final text of the accepted papers will be sent on a date to be fixed after the congress for publication.
Different prizes, of a symbolic nature, will be awarded to the papers in each of the Dialogue Spaces, for the innovative nature of their content and presentation.
Benito Arnáiz Alonso (Directorate General for Cultural Heritage)
Virginia Flores Andrés
LAB/PAP Laboratory of Architectural, Heritage and Cultural Landscape, University of Valladolid
Congress Committees and Scientific Direction
- Gonzalo Santonja Gómez-Agero, Regional Minister of Culture, Tourism and Sport of the Junta de Castilla y León
- Antonio Largo Cabrerizo. Rector of the University of Valladolid.
- Juan Carlos Prieto Vielba, Director General of Cultural Heritage of the Department of Culture, Tourism and Sport of the Regional Government of Castile and Leon.
- Julio Grijalba Bengoetxea. Vice-Rector for Heritage and Infrastructures of the University of Valladolid
Portuguese representative of the Iberian Biennial of Cultural Heritage and other personalities linked to the world of Cultural Heritage
Congress Scientific Directors
- Darío Álvarez Álvarez
- Miguel Ángel de la Iglesia Santamaría.
Directors of LAB/PAP Laboratorio de Paisaje Arquitectónico, Patrimonial y Cultural. Recognised Research Group of the University of Valladolid.
Professors and researchers from the University of Valladolid, members of the Architectural, Heritage and Cultural Landscape Laboratory:
- Sagrario Fernández Raga, Dra. Architect
- Nieves Fernández Villalobos, Dra. Architect
- Carlos Rodríguez Fernández, Dr. Architect
- Flavia Zelli, Dra. Architect
- Laura Lázaro San José, Master in Architecture and Research
- Lara Redondo González, Master in Architecture and Research
- Ana Muñoz López, Master in Architecture and Research
*Logistical support: students from the University of Valladolid.
Technicians of the Junta de Castilla y León
- Francisco Corzo Delibes, Coordinator of the Directorate General for Cultural Heritage
- Milagros Burón Álvarez, Head of the Conservation and Restoration Department
- Enrique Gilarranz Leonor, Head of Innovation & Dissemination Service
- Silvia Escuredo Hogan, Head of Management and Protection Department
- Ana Carmen Pascual Díez, Director of the Centre for the Preservation and Restoration of Cultural Property
- Jesús Mª del Val Recio, Technician of the Directorate General for Cultural Heritage
- José Javier Fernández Moreno, Technician of the Directorate General for Cultural Heritage
- Benito Arnáiz Alonso, Technician of the Directorate General for Cultural Heritage
International Scientific Committee
The congress is based on an innovative principle in its structure and aims to maintain a high degree of rigour, which is why it will have an International Scientific Committee, which will be made up exclusively of specialist professors from national and international universities. These specialists will evaluate the papers submitted by the peer review method and will advise the Scientific Directors of the Congress:
- Agrasar Quiroga, Fernando. Universidad de La Coruña, España
- Alarcão, Pedro. Universidade do Porto, Portugal
- Amaro, Ottavio. Università degli Studi Mediterranea di Reggio Calabria, Italia
- Aníbarro Rodríguez, Miguel Ángel. Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, España
- Arnuncio Pastor, Juan Carlos. Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, España
- Arqués Soler, Francisco. Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, España
- Baraja Rodríguez, Eugenio. Universidad de Valladolid, España
- Basterra Otero, Alfonso. Universidad de Valladolid, España
- Bosch Reig, Ignacio. Universidad Politécnica de Valencia, España
- Cabeza Laínez, José María. Universidad de Sevilla, España
- Calatrava Escobar, Juan Antonio. Universidad de Granada, España
- Carazo Lefort, Eduardo. Universidad de Valladolid, España
- Castañeda López, Carolina. Comité Internacional Conservación y Defensa del Patrimonio Industrial
- Cervera Sardá, Rosa. Universidad de Alcalá de Henares, España
- Chías Navarro, Pilar. Universidad de Alcalá de Henares, España
- Cianci, Maria Grazia. Universitá degli Studi, Roma Tre, Italia
- Collado, Adriana. Universidad Nacional del Litoral, Argentina
- Defilippis, Francesco, Politecnico di Bari, Italia
- De la O Cabrera, Rodrigo. Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, España
- Delibes de Castro, Germán. Universidad de Valladolid, España
- Franciosini, Luigi. Università degli Studi Roma Tre, Italia
- Galán Marín, Carmen. Universidad de Sevilla, España
- González Fraile, Eduardo Miguel. Universidad de Valladolid, España
- González-Varas Ibáñez, Ignacio. Universidad de Castilla La Mancha, España
- Gutiérrez Baños, Fernando. Universidad de Valladolid, España
- Ibáñez Montoya, Joaquín. Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, España
- Linares Gómez del Pulgar, Mercedes. Universidad de Sevilla, España
- Marino, Bianca. Università degli Studi di Napoli Federico II, Italia
- Marzo, Mauro. Università IUAV di Venezia, Italia
- Mileto, Camilla. Universidad Politécnica de Valencia, España
- Mannino, Marco. Politecnico di Bari, Italia
- Moccia, Carlo. Politecnico di Bari, Italia
- Montes Serrano, Carlos. Universidad de Valladolid, España
- Morais Vallejo, Emilio. Universidad de León, España
- Payo Hernanz, René Jesús. Universidad de Burgos, España
- Pérez González, Cesáreo. IE University, Segovia, España
- Pescador Monagas, Flora. Universidad de Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, España
- Puyuelo Cazorla, Marina. Universidad Politécnica de Valencia, España
- Rivas Sanz, Juan Luis de las. Universidad de Valladolid, España
- Rodríguez Llera, Ramón. Universidad de Valladolid, España
- Ruiz de Arbulo Bayona, Joaquín. Universidad Rovira i Virgili, España
- Sanfilippo, Giulia Filomena. Università degli Studi di Catania, Italia
- Segarra Lagunés, María Margarita. Università degli Studi Roma Tre, Italia
- Squassina, Angela. Università IUAV di Venezia, Italia
- Tavares Días, Lino. Universidade do Porto, Portugal
- Tejedor Cabrera, Antonio. Universidad de Sevilla, España
- Tornatora, Marina. Università degli Studi Mediterranea di Reggio Calabria, Italia
- Tuset Bertrán, Francesc. Universidad de Barcelona, España
- Vegas López-Manzanares, Fernando. Universidad Politécnica de Valencia, España
- Vela Cossío, Fernando. Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, España
- Villalobos Alonso, Daniel. Universidad de Valladolid, España
- Viola, Francesco. Università degli Studi di Napoli Federico II, Italia